- Assisted with the acceleration of the procurement enhancement program including procurement structure, roles and responsibilities, financial delegation automation and controls framework. Created a delivery model that provides Procurement Intelligence – balance of operational excellence blended with decision making transparency and accountability.
- Evaluated the risk management framework and developed a Process Improvement Roadmap. Subsequently conducted risk identification and risk assessment workshops for both strategic and operating risks and developed treatment plans for high and very high rated risks. Outcomes were a more progressed strategic view of Council’s risks.
- Prepared a Business Continuity Management framework improvement roadmap on how to update and strengthen the current Business Continuity Plans. The framework design incorporated a Crisis Management Team with clear command and control reporting structures to facilitate an efficient and effective recovery from the disaster event and continuity of critical services.
- Independent observation of the IT Disaster Recovery Plan (IT DRP) test including test plans, infrastructure for back up processes and evaluation of the governance compared against an IT DRP test maturity matrix. Suggestions strengthened the testing processes.
The following is a typical example of our IT maturity assessment.
- Consulting Director Alan Fotheringham is the independent Audit Committee Chairman. This experience gives Alan valuable insights into the challenges facing local governments.