Being passionate about helping directors transparently meet their strategic and regulatory obligations, JNW has developed a Governance HealthCheck Program that is currently being delivered to AFL Clubs. The program is designed to assist directors and Management with strengthening their governance frameworks and Club board effectiveness. We provide better practice insights on how to further improve their governance operating model to ensure the Board meets its obligations and drives for stronger “Intelligent” corporate governance practices.
The program assesses:
- Governance culture
- Performance against the Board Charter
- Board operations (refer to the JNW Eight Dimensions of Good Governance model below)
- Board leadership
- Committee’s effectiveness
- Governance maturity against peers
- Board member peer performance evaluation (optional).
JNW has recently completed a HealthCheck for the St Kilda Football Club. The Club President had this to say about the assessment:
“I would like to thank JNW and the AFL for including us in this study. As a club we have recognised that strong off field structures, leadership and performance are vital to not only on-field performance, but to being sustainably successful as an organisation.”
President St Kilda Football Club
- Good Governance Principles and Guidance for Not-for-Profit Organisations, Australian Institute of Company Directors, 2013
- Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Corporate Governance Council’s Principles and Recommendations, 3rd Edition, 2014
- Sports Governance Principles, Australian Sports Commission (ASC), March 2012
- Mandatory Governance Principles, ASC, June 2015
- Good Governance Framework & Toolkit, Vicsport, 2015.
Eight Dimensions of Good Governance
Click this link to see what we do for the AFL…case-studies/afl/
Beyond the AFL, JNW has provided board training to numerous organisations, including ExxonMobil’s community bank Nexus Mutual, and the Hawthorn Football Club.