By building service delivery models focused on the Customer, business planning ensures all parts of the business are aligned to enhance the customer experience.
With digital disruption, business models are evolving at an alarming rate. The online world means disruptors pop up quickly, attacking incumbents customer base through use of new world social media. They are successful because they have a clear focus on the customer outcome, without historic processes and cultures holding them back.
Inwardly looking, self serving, siloed businesses are now finding it difficult to compete due to inefficient and ineffective service delivery platforms. If any activity within the delivery chain is not directionalised on adding value to the customer experience, then it is an unwanted overhead reducing profitability.
Consequently, to ensure you remain relevant, constant connection with your customers is essential. JNW has developed customer focused strategic and operational plans for a number of clients. Our experience has found that by making the customer the centre of the business it creates clear value lines, drives a client centric culture and ensures all operations are designed to maximise the customer experience. It also enables clarity around those risks that could impact the successful achievement of the desired service experience.
Customer Focused Service Value Creation Model
We use Design Thinking to holistically examine how all functions within an organisation impact on the customer experience. Our Customer Focused Service Value Creation Model is about creating sustainable value. It focuses on the “Service Experience”, incorporating the strategic goals, existing culture (and maturity to change), the organisations people and the service delivery processes. The basis of the methodology is:
- Understanding of the customer need – leverages the knowledge of the front line customer interfacing staff
- Dimensioning the customer experience – taking an end user perspective to appreciate touch points, frequency, expectations, timeframes, output quality, etc.
- Transforming the service delivery platforms – identifying blockers, inhibitors, vulnerabilities and risks, inefficiencies, task automation and system enhancement opportunities, siloes, common tasks, specialist/technical skills, processes and procedures, etc.
- Modelling the service costs – both customer facing, service enablement and support
- Developing a Service Delivery Improvement Roadmap to project manage the implementation.
Relevant engagement delivered by JNW include:
- For Frankston City Council, developed a “Service Planning Costing Methodology” in order for the council to determine the true cost of service delivery and to become more fully customer focused.
- Conducted a high level environmental scan of the “Finance” business unit’s operating model covering vision, operating objectives, processes, culture, team structure, skills capability and customer focus maturity. The outcome was an improvement blueprint detailing the operating vision, future model and transformation roadmap to elevate Finance’s service delivery
- For a risk framework reinvigoration project, designed a strategic risk process that identified the strategic and operational customer service delivery objectives. We assisted with the identification and assessment of the risks that could impact the successful delivery of the optimal customer service experience.